CARTBOY V1 IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!
We have a passion for gaming and know that you do too! Our love for retro gaming drove us at Gamebox to come up with a device that we think is truly unique. We wanted something sleek, small, and customizable. Most importantly – we wanted a console easy to use for retro gaming needs on the go. Cartboy is our answer.
Heavily refined and fully tested, Cartboy delivers a full retro gaming experience at home and on the go because of its features. Complete with a USB OTG (on the go) port allowing for connection of peripherals. Connect things such as gamepads, USB drives for adding games, and keyboards for modifying the open Linux based operating system. All of this was paired with an HDMI out port to give you a game console that rivals the Nintendo switch in terms of gaming capability.
On the go, at home connected to TV, or with your friends; Cartboy is your go-to boy!
Features of Cartboy V1 Include:
– Play all your retro favorites via built in emulators with CartOS (based on RetroPie). Systems that are playable include:
ATARI, NES, SNES, GAMEBOY, GAMEBOY COLOR, GAMEBOY ADVANCE, VIRTUALBOY, MASTER SYSTEM, MEGADRIVE, NEOGEO, GAMEGEAR, TG16, PLAYSTATION 1*, MAME*, PC/DOS, ScummVM, AND MORE! (ROMS NOT INCLUDED)
(*Some games may not work for certain emulators, most work well.)
– RGB LED battery status indicator
– L/R trigger buttons, Dpad, ABXY, Start/Select
– USB OTG for gamepads and adding game files, play with friends on the go! WORKS WITH ANY USB CONTROLLER!
– 1.3″ Bright LED SPI Screen with crisp color
-Switchable video modes with built in mini HDMI out. Switch between built-in LCD and HDMI port (Currently requires a reboot in CartOS v2.0, however, CartOS v3.0 will feature not require a reboot)
– Pressure-fit captive loudspeaker
– Switchable standard 3.5mm headphone jack
– In-game volume control via button combo
– Save and load states via button combo
– Micro USB port for charging via 5v 500mah (Takes about 2 hours for full charge)
– Charge-n-Play capability
– 1200mAH Li-Po battery, tested to last around 4.5 hours on a full charge
Play Time vs Popular Handhelds (Photo credit: Sudomod Wermy)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
share the love
Like you, we have not only a bond to gaming, but a deep love for customized gaming and unique collectables as well. That is why we are dedicated to creating elegant hardware, retro gaming console upgrade kits, and accessories. Keeping the nostalgia going for those cherished consoles that may have otherwise been forgotten on a shelf.